Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Motivation




This is the first Monday in oh, about 11 weeks that I've felt motivated for the week ahead. Felt like I had a plan of attack. I think part of it is my delicious strawberry banana smoothie (doesn't it look tasty?), part of it is the sunshine that is streaming through my bedroom windows and part of it is that I'm FINALLY ready to move on and accept the fact that while I don't have a job at Meredith that doesn't mean that my journalism career is over. Just typing that makes me sit up a little straighter.

I'm off to a good start. It's only 8:23 and already I'm showered, dressed, and eating breakfast. That hasn't happened in awhile. Now it's time to start networking and generating assignments.

There is one project that I already have, and I'm super excited about. I'm going to be helping my friend and fellow creative genius Sarah Kay (check out her blog, she's amazing!) create a website! We've purchased a domain name (which I'll reveal at a later date) and my job this week is to figure out how to customize a template in Wordpress. Anyone have any tips? I'll keep you posted on my progress.

And if you think the smoothie looks delicious, you can make it! I promise. All you need is:
1 banana
1 cup strawberries (or any berry)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
a splash of milk
5 ice cubes
Blend and enjoy!

No comments: